Want to Guest Blog for Music Tracks Travel?
Music Tracks Travel is a community of passionate music lovers who live for the latest industry news, reviews, events and announcements. If you have an article or a piece of content that you would like to share with our community, you can submit it as a guest blog.
We cover every genre of music and welcome everything from album or live show reviews to artist or behind the scenes interviews, editorials or opinion pieces about the music industry, speculation about line-up announcements and anything else related to music!
All of your work will be loaded to our website listing you as the original author so that if you are working towards building a portfolio of published work, you will be able to list your Music Tracks Travel articles. We also reward all of our regular guest bloggers with an invitation to our private Facebook group where we regularly give away free tickets to live shows, events and more.
How it works:
- Submit your first article.
Terms and conditions, FAQs and rules here.
- Once approved, we will upload it to our website and send you the link. You will be listed as the author and we will promote your article on our social media channels.
- Once you have had your first article published, you will be added to our private Facebook group, where we frequently give away free tickets to upcoming shows and events as well as run fun competitions and giveaways for our writers.
A few simple rules:
- You must be the original author of the article and/or content. We will be screening for plagiarism – if the content that you supply is found to be plagiarised, you will be banned from the site.
- The article cannot be published anywhere else – we want fresh, unique content that you can’t see anywhere else on the internet. So please don’t send us content or articles that you have already published on your own blog/website – we will be screening all articles before they are published to the website.
- Be chill – articles containing hate speech, derogatory or exclusive language, or extreme political views will not be approved. We understand that sometimes music and politics go hand-in-hand, but we expect our writers to discuss these topics objectively.
- Will I be recognised as the author of the article?
Yes! We will recognise you as the original author of the article so that you can link your work into your portfolio of published pieces.
- How long should the article be?
That is completely up to you! It can be a short 300 word album review or an epic 8,000 word essay on the future of the Australian music industry.
- What genres / topics can I write about?
Basically anything music related – reviews of live shows or albums, speculation about upcoming tours and festival announcements, editorials about trends or news effecting the music industry, interviews with anyone involved in the music scene, bands or artists. The only thing we ask you avoid is gossip or rumours about the private lives of artists. Music Tracks Travel covers all genres from across the world – from country and pop through to metal, indie, jazz and everything in between! Headed to Glastonbury? Tell us about it!
- Is this a paid writing gig?
No. However, we have a private Facebook group that all of our published guest authors are invited to where we give away free tickets to upcoming shows and events as well as competitions and more.
- Does Music Tracks Travel have any paid writing positions available?
Occasionally we commission pieces from freelance writers – these opportunities are announced on our private Facebook group before we advertise them anywhere else.
- Does my article need to be new?
All of the content that we publish on the Music Tracks Travel website needs to be fresh and unique. This means that it can’t be published somewhere else already – every single article that is submitted is screened for plagiarism as well as prior-publishing.
- Do I need to include images?
Not necessarily, though images are great to have to support your article. If you are supplying images they are required to be images that you have taken yourself or have sourced from a royalty-free website. Articles containing copyrighted imagery (such as photos that you have found online or on other websites) will not be approved for publication. Images should be supplied as separate files to your article as either png or jpg file formats.
- What format should I supply the article in?
Standard word doc is our preferred file type, with any images provided separately as either png or jpg file formats.
- A quick word on copyright:
When you submit your article to Music Tracks Travel, you are giving us approval to publish the article on our website under your name. We reserve the right to edit the article as required for readability, length and searchability. You can read more about the terms and conditions of submitting an article here.
Submit Your First Guest Blog Article!
To submit a blog article, send it to email@example.com along with any images that you wish to accompany the article.
Please also include the following information:
- Your name as you’d like it to appear on the published article as author
- Your email address – we will link this to your author profile so that you get notified if/when people comment on your blog article
- You social media handles – specifically your Instagram and Facebook – if you’d like us to tag you in the posts when we publish on social media
If you have any questions then please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We strongly encourage you to read our terms and conditions prior to submitting your article – we take all submissions as an indication that you have read and agree to the conditions and that you are stating that you are the original author of the work and have the required permissions to allow us to publish both the article text and any accompanying imagery.